Saturday, March 24, 2012

Auralia's Colors: The Red Strand (The Auralia Thread #1)

PhotobucketBrilliantly different! From the moment I picked up this enchanting fantasy I was sucked in to the beautifully woven thread of "Auralia’s Colors."

WOW, amazing, can I say that again….AMAZING! I had never heard of this little treasure of a series or author until I won on First Reads, “The Ale Boy’s Feast,“ the fourth book to this series. So I immediately went to my local library to check out the first three so I could catch up before I read the fourth, and I was surprised at how quickly I was drawn to these characters and their strange land.

Auralia, found as an infant by thieves (known as the Gathers) in a mysterious oversized foot print on the water's edge, grows up to be a strong minded heroine. She is wild, mysterious and very loyal to the Gatherers and her home in the forest. I think that is what drew me in so deep in the book..... was the simplicity in it. It was poetic and a work of art. Yes, it was slow, there was no strong plot, and it was not packed with action, but it was relaxing and peaceful, full of vivid fantasy, magical creatures and people you could relate to.

I can’t wait to read the next book, “Cyndere’s Midnight: The Blue Strand”.

No comments:

Post a Comment