Monday, June 4, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades #1) by E.L. James

Photobucket
I’m kind of stuck on how I want to review this book. For weeks I keep hearing " You have to read Fifty Shades of Grey, Best book all year".....blah, blah, blah.

I liked the book, on Goodreads I gave it a **** rating. The characters were great. The girl (Anastasia Steele) is a sweet, down to earth VIRGIN....yes virgin. The male lead (Christian Grey) is handsome and rich but has some major mommy issues.

Christian likes to keep his woman or subs in line, Christian is into the BDSM lifestyle and poor virgin Ana has no idea what she is getting herself into.

I had a bit of a hard time getting past his BDSM ways. Now I’m not a prude and what girl doesn’t like a guy to take control, maybe pull my hair or slam me up against a wall, but the rough spanking scenes that leaves Ana in tears also almost left me in tears too! He liked causing Ana pain way too much, to me it was border woman abuser. Christian does have his reasons as to why he is the way he is and they are all Fifty Shades of fucked up....authors words not mine....lol. So that’s pretty much my hesitation in giving the book ***** stars on Goodreads.

I will have to say the author, E.L. James, tells a story really well. She kept me entertained, the characters were also well written and I will defiantly read the next book.

1 comment:

  1. I like to hear your honest oppinion. I've heard a lot of really mixed reviews about this series. I think there is way too much hype for how any awesome books there are out there.

    ReplyDelete